If you're a veteran, you CAN get money to help pay for college. The U.S. government offers several programs that help veterans attend college for free or at a reduced cost.

Who We Help

We are dedicated to a holistic approach in honoring our veterans. Providing assistance to the entire family is at our core. 

  • Veterans
  • Spouses
  • Children
  • Parents
  • The Whole Family

GI Bill & Post-9/11 Education Benefits

The GI Bill programs are provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs to help eligible veterans and their families cover the cost of higher education or training. The GI Bill education programs are separated from federal student aid. Your GI Bill eligibility does not affect the amount of federal student aid you are able to receive, so you may also qualify for a Pell grant or other federal aid program that can help cover any remaining costs associated with your education that the GI Bill did not cover.


If you are a veteran or a dependent of a veteran, you should still submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in addition to utilizing your GI Bill or Post-9/11 education benefits. 


Programs Available:

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill
  • Active Duty Montgomery GI Bill
  • Reserve and Guard Montgomery GI Bill
  • Vocational Rehabilitation &                    Education Program


How We Can Help

We are federally funded so all of our services are free. If you are a veteran, let us assist you with the following:

  • College applications
  • FAFSA submission
  • Scholarship research and applications
  • Locating military benefits and resources
  • Choosing the right career or education program for you

Hazlewood Act

The Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit provided by the Texas Veterans Commission. Qualified veterans, their spouses, and dependent children and stepchildren may receive a tuition exemption up to 150 credit hours. This is not a grant program or scholarship. If you are eligible for tuition exemption under the Hazlewood Act, your tuition will be free.


There is a separate application process for the Hazlewood Act. This paperwork will be processed by the financial aid office at the institution you will be attending.

For eligibility requirements and more information about the application process, please visit the Texas Veterans Commission website.

How to Apply for GI Bill Education Benefits

Applying for your VA education benefits can be done in just a few steps:

  • Apply online today if you know which benefit you want to use.
  • Visit the nearest VA regional office, to apply in person. 
  • Consult a VA Certifying Official at the school of your choice. This official has application forms and can help you apply.
  • Call 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (888-442-2551) to have the application mailed to you.


You are required to apply using your if you are:

  • A spouse or dependent
  • A survivor of a Veteran
  • A candidate for the National Call to Service program
  • A current education benefit recipient who wants to change schools

This information has been provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.